Growth in smartphone and social-media usage is setting the basis for all types of retail-marketing trends.
For example, devices and platforms are used as consumer touch points for retailers and measure the return on investment of social channels.
Beacons — in-store devices that wirelessly beam promotions to a consumer’s handheld device — are driving shopping interactions on smartphones. And affiliate marketing is taking on an increasingly important role within retail.
A new presentation, “Five Must-Know Retail Trends in Mobile and Social Marketing,” created by Cooper Smith and Nancee Halpin of BI Intelligence, Business Insider’s premium research service, assembles the most important trends that you need to know.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Smartphones are already the leading consumer touch point for retailers
- Expect an uptick in shopping-app usage
- Beacons are finally going mainstream this holiday season
- Facebook is driving social commerce actions
- Mainstream media and celebrities are making affiliate marketing popular again